Re: [docbook-apps] fop problems

Hi there

----- Original Message -----
From: "Alexander Schatten" <alasan@gmx.at>
To: "David N. Welton" <davidw@dedasys.com>;
<docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org>
Sent: Tuesday, February 17, 2004 5:22 PM
Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] fop problems

<snip>
> -- recently I tested docbook2pdf on my redhat linux, which gave
> refreshing good results---basically---but: no index was generated (dont
> know why) and even worse: all images where included far too big (out of
> boundaries), allthough they should fit easily.
<snip>

I found out that the problem with the images is related to the dpi (for
png's anyway).  Increasing the dpi will make the image appear smaller on the
output.  I'm not entirely convinced that the width in the pdf is the correct
width for the dpi, but it's a way of working around the problem.

Gary