Re: [docbook-apps] How to specify out resolution for FO

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Tolpin" <dvd@davidashen.net>
To: <docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org>
Sent: Saturday, January 31, 2004 12:49 AM
Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] How to specify out resolution for FO

> Bob Stayton:
> [ Charset ISO-8859-1 unsupported, converting... ]
> > PDF resolution is not part of the XSL spec, so there is no provision in
the
> > standard to specify it.  There might be an extension provided by
> > the FO processor, so you should first look there to see if such an
> > >
> > > Anyone know how to specify, in the XSL customization layer, the output
> > > resolution for FO.
>
> Nor it is a feature of PDF. PDF is a vector format and is the same for any
> resolution. I suspect that it is included raster images which should
depend
> on the resolution, not the PDF itself, but then different images should be
> used for different media.

I agree that PDF is a vector format, but setting the resolution
is a feature of Adobe Distiller.  Under Settings > Edit Adobe PDF Settings
is "Resolution: 600 dots per inch".  I assume they use that only for
graphics, but it may include other optimizations for the output
rendering device.

Bob Stayton
Sagehill Enterprises
bobs@sagehill.net