Re: [docbook-apps] Change "TableofContents" gentext for Chapter level tocs?

This can be done with a combination of customizations.  But it differs
from FO and HTML outputs.

For FO output, the Table of Contents title is generated from
the titlepage mechanism, from the specs in fo/titlepage.templates.xml.
It currently just calls the gentext template with a fixed key
"TableofContents".  So I changed the first part of it to:

  <t:titlepage t:element="table.of.contents" t:wrapper="fo:block">
    <t:titlepage-content t:side="recto">
      <title
             t:force="1"
             t:named-template="toc.title"
             param:node="."
             space-before.minimum="1em"

This customized spec file needs to be built into a new
titlepage.templates.xsl that your customization layer includes.

Now it will call a new template named "toc.title" with the
current element as the "node" parameter.  The toc.title
template looks like this:

<xsl:template name="toc.title">
  <xsl:param name="node" select="."/>

  <xsl:choose>
    <xsl:when test="local-name(.) = 'chapter'">
      <xsl:call-template name="gentext">
        <xsl:with-param name="key" select="'ChapterTableofContents'"/>
      </xsl:call-template>
    </xsl:when>
    <xsl:otherwise>
      <xsl:call-template name="gentext">
        <xsl:with-param name="key" select="'TableofContents'"/>
      </xsl:call-template>
    </xsl:otherwise>
  </xsl:choose>

</xsl:template>

If the current element is a chapter, then the key is
"ChapterTableof Contents".  Then I defined that gentext
key in the customization file using this:

<xsl:param name="local.l10n.xml" select="document('')"/>
<l:i18n xmlns:l="http://docbook.sourceforge.net/xmlns/l10n/1.0";>
  <l:l10n language="en">
   <l:gentext key="ChapterTableofContents" text="In this chapter you will
cover:"/>
  </l:l10n>
</l:i18n>

You can define other strings for other languages too.

Bob Stayton
Sagehill Enterprises
bobs@sagehill.net