[docbook-apps] Re: Adding Horizontal Rules to Chapter/Part/Section Titles in PDF Output.

> On Wed, Nov 26, 2003 at 01:16:30PM +1100, Janeene Webb wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > For Chapter Titles, Section Titles, and Part Titles I need to be able to
> > add a
> > horizontal rule across the page either above the title, below, or both.
>
> You can do this without modifying templates because
> there is an attribute-set for section titles that
> you can customize.  For example, a rule below would be
> done with the following in a customization layer:
>
> <xsl:attribute-set name="section.title.properties">
>  <xsl:attribute name="border-bottom-style">solid</xsl:attribute>
> </xsl:attribute-set>
>
> See this doc for more info on using such attribute-sets:
>
> http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/SectionTitlePages.html

I've been using this reference heavily for the past week or so. However, it
does talk about needing to use titlepage tmeplates if you wanted to customise
Chapter or Part headings - and testing here showed that the section level
template you've referred to above does not affect the Chapter titles or Part
Titles.

However, the attribute name above was the main piece of information that I
couldn't find anywhere, thanks!

> You'll also need an XSL-FO reference to know what all
> the possible properties are.

*nods* - Do you have any recommendations? Is there anything online? This is
the bits that I'm finding *really* difficult to find.

Cheers,
Janeene.