[docbook-apps] slides and documents

I wonder if anyone has experimented with coding documents in such a way that slide presentations can be extracted from them? In other words, my (academic) documents are almost all of the basic structure:

intro
literature
case study
conclusion

There might be a second-order sectioning within that as well, but that itself can only form the skeleton of a presentation. Any suggestions on how to code a document such that it can be virtually completely built directly from the document (as opposed to a separate "slides" file or whatever)? Maybe have "invisible" sections" somehow?

Bruce