Re: [docbook-apps] How to encode HTMLHelp topic alias: <?dbhh topicname="some_title" topicid="42"?>

> > In my document, chap1.xml, I put:
> >
> >   <para id="foo">la la la</para>
> >   <?dbhh topicname="foo" topicid="777"?>
> >

> > When I run this through xsltproc --nonet
> > /usr/share/docbook-xsl/htmlhelp/htmlhelp.xsl mydocbook.xml
> > I get the following in my alias.h file that's included in my alias.h
file:

> >   foo=ch01.html    (I can't find any use of '#' or a fragment
identifier).

> HTML Help API doesn't support fragment identifiers.

This continues my thread from a few weeks go. I hope Jirka does not mind.

My experiment shows that HTML Help (.chm) files and the HTML Help Viewer
(hh.exe) do support navigation to fragment identifiers within pages.

Suppose in my DocBook XML, I have:

  <?dbhh topicname="sugar" topicid="sugar"?>

If I can get XSLT to generate in .html file:

  <a id='sugar'/>

as well as the following in alias.h:

  abc=ch01.html#abc

Then I can compile the .chm file and do:

  hh.exe htmlhelp.chm::/ch01.html#sugar

to let HH.EXE (HTML Help Viewer) open the location of <a id='sugar'>
instead of the top of the .html file.

If the current stylesheets do not create fragment identifier based
on the fact HTML Help Viewer does not support it, perhaps we can
change it. I'm going to try it because my C++ program needs to
open to specific locations within the .html files.

Taro