Re: [docbook-apps] linenumbering for entire document?

On Thu, Jul 03, 2003 at 08:24:29AM -0600, Rankine, Alastair J (Alastair) wrote:
> I have been requested to use an online document review tool. The one and only way for it to associate review comments with parts of the document is to use line numbers.
>
> So basically I need line numbers on the entire document, not just <programlisting> and friends.
>
> Is this possible at all or am I out of luck?

I presume you mean in PDF output from the XSL-FO stylesheets?

I don't think this can be done directly with the DocBook
XSL stylesheets.  The XSL-FO spec does not have a way
to turn on line numbers, so there is nothing the
stylesheet can do to turn it on.

However, the following url describes a
method for post processing the DocBook HTML output
using MS Word, and then generating a PDF file from Word.

http://www.pankaj-k.net/weblog-archive/2003_06.html

                                            email: bobs@sco.com