Re: [docbook-apps] Conditionally remove indent on FO programlistings?

On Sat, Apr 05, 2003 at 10:03:54AM -0600, Darren Richmond wrote:
> >In the stock fo stylesheet, programlisting is not indented.
> >Perhaps you are referring to the text position relative
> >to the section titles, which are actually outdented.
>
> Yes, my concern is with the position of the fo:block containing the
> programlisting relative to the preceeding and following blocks, as seen in
> the example below:
>
> some text
> .., as seen in the code below:
>
> 	//The white space before the word "System" below is what I want to modify
> 	System.out.println("Hello, World!");
>
> more text ...
>

> >Can you post the customization you use to set up your
> >5.5 x 8.5 inch page?
>
> The position is fine at USLetter (8.5in x 11in), but wastes too much real
> estate at halfletter (5.5in x 8.5in).
> I was actually fairly happy with most of the results I got with just the
> following customization:
>
> <!-- page size -->
> <xsl:param name="page.width">5.5in</xsl:param>
> <xsl:param name="page.height">8.5in</xsl:param>
>
> I want to nudge the text to the left a bit when I create halfletter PDFs.

Well, in my PDFs generated with the 1.60.1 stylesheets,
a programlisting is not indented relative to the
paragraphs above and below.  My output with
your example looks like this:

some text
.., as seen in the code below:

//The white space before the word "System" below is what I want to modify
System.out.println("Hello, World!");

more text ...

I don't understand where your indent is coming from.
Are there leading spaces or tabs in the programlisting
itself?

                                            email: bobs at sco dot com