Re: MSXML and docbook stylesheets

Bob Stayton wrote:
On Mon, Feb 24, 2003 at 06:05:58PM -0600, Day, Troy L wrote:

I've seen other listings regarding similar issues and I have a variation.  I
get an error from MSXML 4.10.9404.0,

Error while parsing
"file:///c:/inetpub/wwwroot/draft/docbook-xsl-1.60.1/common/l10n.xml".
The attribute 'english-language-name' on this element is not defined in the
DTD/Schema.

My docbook file validates in XMLSpy and translates using IE 6  without the
server side translation.  Is this a problem with they way MSXML handles
namespaces or is there something else I've missed.  I'm using xsl stylesheet
version 1.60.1 locally.

If it is an MSXML issue, what xslt engine would be best in a windows server
environment using IIS ans ASP?

This is a bug in the l10n.dtd. That and the missing 'style' attribute on the template element needed to be added to the DTD. I just checked in the change in the CVS tree.

I've had a similar looking problem while using XMLWriter (which is using MSXML 4.0) and trying to validate a DocBook article that has no problems as far as saxon, libxml and XMetaL are concerned.

The error is generated by dbcentx.mod on line 308; the message reads "Parameter entity must be defined before it is used."

I've looked at dbcentx.mod and, to me, all looks as it should. The entity that MSXML flags is ISOamsc. Code relating to that entity appears on lines 186-191 with a system reference and earlier, using the public identifier on lines 66 - 70.

Is there an explanation other than a bug in MSXML? I like the XMLWriter tool for odds and ends work but I perceive it as unreliable because of issues like this.

Thanks. ...edN