RE: how to insert page breaks after sections in PDF ?

On Tue, 25 Feb 2003, Jeff Beal wrote:

> I have the following template in my customization layer that forces a page
> break and places the section on an odd-numbered page, based on the existence
> of a role attribute:
>
> <xsl:template match="sect1[ at role='rightpagestart']">
>   <fo:block break-before="odd-page"/>
>   <xsl:apply-imports/>
> </xsl:template>

clearly, i have more reading to do.  i was working my way
thru bob stayton's web site and followed the links to the
sourceforge pages for the "HTML Parameter Reference" and
"FO Parameter Reference", which said nothing about any of
this stuff.

obviously, there's a lot more to the customization than i
found at those pages.  so, dumb question: how should i have
known that?

like i said, i clearly have more reading to do.  i just picked
up a copy of dave p's "XSL-FO".  might as well get comfortable.

rday