Re: use.id.as.filename may produce invalid filenames

Gisbert Amm wrote:

> I use the use.id.as.filename parameter to produce recognizable filenames
> from chapter-IDs. Now I've got some problems with German umlauts in
> filenames - the hyperlinks do not work in the browser. That's why I've made
> the following hack in chunk-common.xsl:

The best you can do is simply avoid these characters in IDs. Not all
currently used system are prepared for characters outside ASCII in
filenames, URLs and so on.

> 2) Wouldn't it be reasonable to provide a parameter to avoid any special
> characters in the generated filenames?

IDs should be persistent and unique. What about, if you have two IDs
like "huh" and "hüh"? After converting you will have two same IDs.

				Jirka

  Jirka Kosek
  e-mail: jirka@kosek.cz
  http://www.kosek.cz