Re: what html dtd is followed by dsssl stylesheets

Kevin Dunn <kdunn@hsc.edu> writes:

> I just tried unsuccessfully to validate the html version of my sgml
> docbook processed with openjade and dsssl 1.76b. What dtd do these
> stylesheets target

Technically they target "-//Norman Walsh//DTD DocBook HTML 1.0//EN",
which is "Derived from W3C HTML 3.2".

Personally I think that's a bug and they should be readapted to target
HTML 4.0.1, either strict or transitional (would need to think about
it).

> and do I need to do something to get a doctype at
> the beginning of each html file? As it is, they begin with "<HTML>."

Cf the parameter %html-pubid% .

> When I process my website with xsltproc the html produced begins
> with a doctype and validates correctly as HTML 4.01. I would like to
> have the same be true of the html verion of my sgml docbook.

I would agree.  Are you willing to work through the issues and send
patches?

If not, you should at least file an RFE at the Docbook pages at SF.