From: Steinar Bang [mailto:sb@dod.no]
Sent: Thursday, January 23, 2003 7:47 AM
To: docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: DOCBOOK-APPS: Re: Suppressing article toc with generate.toc
doesn't work

> / Steinar Bang <sb@dod.no> was heard to say:

>> No generate.article.toc, unfortunately.  Perhaps I'm using a
>> version of DocBook XSL that's too old to have this parameter, as
>> well?

> Perhaps. Look in component.xsl, find the template for article, and
> see if it calls *.toc anywhere.

There is the following call to *.toc inside <xsl:template match="article">:

    <fo:flow flow-name="xsl-region-body">
      <xsl:call-template name="article.titlepage"/>
      <xsl:if test="$generate.component.toc">
        <xsl:call-template name="component.toc"/>
      </xsl:if>
      <xsl:apply-templates/>
    </fo:flow>

Is "component" replaced with "article", and does this mean that it
is actually looking for "generate.article.toc", and testing if it is
non-zero?

Then why doesn't it work, I wonder...? Hm...

Here's the setting in my local-fo.xml:
  <xsl:param name="generate.article.toc" select="0" />

Is there a misspelling in there somewhere?