RE: Is it time to rely on CSS?

At 12:03 21/01/2003 -0500, Jeff Beal wrote:
Actually, external stylesheets have a lower precedence than any internal
style rules.  The only way authors can override internal style rules is with
an !important rule in the external CSS, and I think that is a particularly
poorly supported feature of CSS2.  This, in my opinion, is another point in
favor of leaving CSS out of the HTML as much as possible.
Beg to differ.
Its because the external is low priority that I like it.
It means that the end user takes precedence.
Bill Loughborough has a saying, author proposes, user disposes.
Basically means that if I (the reader) need to do things to it,
then you(the author) ain't gonna stop me!
If I need 24 point yellow on white to access the info, then I can get it.

WAI evidenced the need for that priority.

regards DaveP.