Re: xsl component.title.properties

On Fri, Jan 17, 2003 at 02:39:14PM -0800, Bob Stayton wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 17, 2003 at 10:49:58PM +0100, Olivier Chapuis wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I used docbook-xsl v1.58.1. I've tried to customize the space after
> > the title of a chapter in my fo style-sheet by using
> > "component.title.properties". This does not work.  Indeed, I take a
> > look at fo/component.xsl and "component.title.properties" is never
> > used. I will add
> >
> > 	xsl:use-attribute-sets="component.title.properties"
> >
> > around line 41. No?
>
> That is one way to do it, but
> there's a reason that component.title.properties is not
> used by the stylesheets. That is because it has been
> replaced by the fo/titlepage.templates.xml specification
> file.  The parameter should probably be removed from the
> distribution because people think it is doing something,
> but it isn't.
>
> The problem was that the component.title template is used
> by a lot of elements including article, appendix, index,
> bibliography, glossary, colophon, dedication, and chapter.
> So change one, you change them all.
>
> The specifications in titlepage.templates.xml let you set
> properties for each kind of title independently, which
> gives you much finer control.  You have to regenerate the
> titlepage.templates.xsl stylesheet file when you change the
> spec file.  This URL shows you how to do that (for HTML,
> but the process for FO is the same):
>
> http://www.sagehill.net/xml/docbookxsl/HtmlCustomEx.html#HTMLTitlePage

Yes this book should help me a lot.

About fo/titlepage.templates.xml, it seems that there is a problem
with PassiveTex and chapter title: some parameters are taken in
account (after-space*) but some other are not (before-space* and
margin-left). It seems that, PassiveTex does not handle very well
situation as

<fo:block before-space="10mm" margin-left="-5mm" ...>
<fo:block ...>Text</fo:block>
</fo:block>

some parameters of the first block are ignored.

Thanks, Olivier