additional line(s) in <screen> and <synopsis>

Hello,

I use xsltproc/saxon, docbook-xsl-1.58.1 and PassiveTex/FOP for ps/pdf
output (I am new to docbook; I try to see if it is a good idea to use
"docbook" for our doc in the place of man page for our project. At
present time I am disappointed by the "print" output, but I like the
html one. But this is not the subject of this mail).

If I've

<screen>
blabla
</screen>

with FOP the screen output zone is

-------------

blabla
-------------

with passivetex it is:

-------------

blabla

-------------

If I've

<screen>blabla</screen>

then, the screen output zone is

-------------
blabla
-------------

with both PassiveTex and FOP.

With html output I've always:

-------------
blabla
-------------

I check all these "zones" by setting shade.verbatim to 1.

IMO the good behavior (for better readability of the source) is that

<screen>blabla</screen>

<screen>
blabla
</screen>

<screen>
blabla</screen>

<screen>blabla
</screen>

should all produce

--------
blabla
--------

as the "html" does. Adding blanc lines should be done as follows:

<screen>

blabla

</screen>

Can I fix that pbs by "fo style-sheet customization" or/and by
changing a magic line in PassiveTex source? I.e., where is the
bug?

Thanks, Olivier