Re: comments on "Using the DocBook XSL Stylesheets"

Daniel Veillard <veillard@redhat.com> writes:

>   Well I have good reasons, working both as a tool maintainer and
> as part of a large OS distributor to think that it has to be
> separated.

Actually, my point of view is on behalf of Debian.  I package a good
deal of the SGML and XML infrastructure, from the SGML and XML DocBook
DTDs, the DSSSL stylesheet, and common SGML and XML entities.  I'm
involved in (but by no means responsible for) the formulation of
Debian XML and SGML policy.  I'm also a user.

> I can't do any automated catalog management because a few key
> individuals, all mostly SGML only users, decided two years ago it
> wasn't a good idea because they didn't see the need.

Huh.  Is this a glimpse into the politics over at RedHat?  It does
suprise me to hear of SGML users being so regressive.

>   Last post from me on that thread,

Understood.  We're a bit off topic.