Re: Attributes for figures

At 11:08 03/12/02 -0800, Bob Stayton wrote:
On Tue, Dec 03, 2002 at 07:35:58PM +0100, Alain NAKACHE wrote:
> It is a good approach of boxed figures but the box is as large as the whole
> fo:block and not only the bitmap.
>
> Is it what you expected first ?

Well, yes, the block is by default the width of the page,
so the border is the whole width. It does look funny
on a graphic.

> I know that the difficulty is to guess the bounds of the picture (whatever
> the format is) to define closely the block.
>
> Is it possible to obtain this result ?

The figure element can contain any number of things
besides graphics, so perhaps you should be concentrating
on graphics within figure rather than on figure.

If the generated <fo:external-graphic> object has the
border properties, they should fit tightly to the graphic.
This works in RenderX's XEP, but the border doesn't
show at all in FOP when I do that. If you are using FOP,
I think the imagemagik solution is probably the best.
I just found a problem that ImageMagick cannot resolve. When I shrink an imagedata inside a figure with 'width' and 'depth' attributes, the border thickness is shrunk too.