Re: subscript in parameter

On Wed, Nov 27, 2002 at 08:41:44PM +0100, Wlodzimierz Skiba wrote:
> When I use subscript in parameter definition it is rendered as real subscript
> when it is inlined inside para but it is ignored when it is placed in
> parameter in function synopsis definition. How can I force this to be rendered
> as real subscript?
>
> I use docbook XSL 1.57.0 with xsltproc.

The funcprototype is handled in one of several template
modes, based on the style chosen (kr vs. ansi, tabular vs.
nontabular).  A parameter element as descendent is also
handled in the given mode. I suspect that there isn't a
catch-all template in that mode to handle the child elements of
parameter.  So you end up with just the text of the parameter.

I think something like this is needed to apply templates
on left-over elements without the mode designation:

<xsl:template match="*" mode="?">
  <xsl:apply-templates/>
</xsl:template>

But I couldn't tell you what mode would work for you.  I
tried it with 'kr-funcsynopsis-mode' and that seemed to
render subscript in the paramdef. But I was just
guessing and don't know if is it safe in all respects.

I think it is a bug, though.  You might file a bug report
on the DocBook SourceForge site and get Norm to look at
it.

                                            email: bobs@sco.com