Re: XML catalog resolution problems

On Wed, Oct 30, 2002 at 12:31:32PM -0800, Norman Walsh wrote:
> I am, to be frank, disappointed and frustrated that you've blown a
> great big hole in a smooth operation of XML Catalogs. The whole point
> was interoperability and you've $%#$@#ed that up.

  1 user complain in 15months of operations. You call that "$%#$@#ed that up"
while IIRC I was the first implementor ??? Now I am the one disapointed !

> I think your action threatens the whole enterprise and it's deplorable.

  What will the spec be completed ? So far I have seen no movement since
Aug 01, I raised my point shortly after because I got users reporting to me
they got confused by the distinction (because initially I tried to make the
separation). At that point I basically received an answer without content.
So I merged both notions an had no problem until the beginning of this
thread.

  In retrospect saying the course of my actions is to threatens the
XML Catalog deployement could only be looked at with amazement for example
from the Gnome community, damn, I got beaten and had to fight there to
have them deployed .

  To be frank, it's my turn to be disappointed and frustrated :-(
I take patches usually !!! Usually people who have troubles send me patches
or report the problems they face, then I fix them. Show me a final
version [*] of the XML Catalog spec and I will either fix the problem or remove
the support.

Daniel

[*] http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/entity/ doesn't show any update
    since the 06 August 2001.