RE: abbrev - missing possibility to add the meaning ofan abbreviation

I use <abbrev> in conjunction with biblio elements. In my oppinion, it
is not intended as standalone.

Stephan

 <biblioentry id="biblio_GoF">
  <abbrev>GoF</abbrev>
  <title>Design Patterns</title>
  <subtitle>Elements of Reusable Object-Oriented Software</subtitle>
  <author>
   <surname>Gamma</surname>
  </author>
  <pubdate>1995</pubdate>
  <pagenums>0-100</pagenums>
  <isbn>0-201-63361-2</isbn>
  <publisher>
    <publishername>Addison-Wesley</publishername>
    <address>
      <city>Indianapolis</city>
      <country>USA</country>
    </address>