Re: Re: default status (draft/final) for articles

Hi --

On Mon, 30 Sep 2002, Norman Walsh wrote:

> / dblack@candle.superlink.net was heard to say:
> | I've recently installed docbook-xsl-1.55, and found that the behavior
> | seemed to have changed with regard to article documents, at some point
> | since 1.48.  Specifically, I'm now getting the -draft page-masters in
> | my FO output, along with the draft watermark URL.
>
> Yes, that's right. The draft page masters aren't used if you don't specify
> 'status="draft"' in your document, though.
>
> | I have two questions about this: first, whether it's really supposed
> | to be this way (not that I leap to assume everything is a bug, but
> | this change struck me as curious); and second, if it is supposed to be
> | this way, how to make it not happen :-)  I've tried manipulating the
> | status element, and a couple of other things, but I don't seem to be
> | getting it right.
> |
> | This little article demonstrates the behavior -- i.e., with 1.55 it
> | comes out as a draft, and with 1.48 it doesn't:
>
> You mean you're actually getting the draft watermark on the pages? The
> presence of the draft pagemasters themselves shouldn't cause this.

I haven't been able to actually see the results, because I can't get
FOP or pdflatex to process the output.  But the watermark URL is
definitely there, and FOP gives me several of:

  [ERROR]: Error in background-image property value
  'url(http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/images/draft.png)':
  org.apache.fop.fo.expr.PropertyException: no such function: url

With the 1.48 stylesheets this url() expression is not in the output.

David

--
David Alan Black                      | Register for RubyConf 2002!
home: dblack@candle.superlink.net     | November 1-3