the dreaded FOP keep-with-previous issue

Hi folks,

I'm trying to work out something whereby images in my document are always
kept on the same page as the preceding block of text.  The FO
keep-with-previous doesn't seem to be doing anything with FOP - does anyone
have a neat solution, preferably something that can go into my stylesheet
rather than the Docbook document?

cheers,

Lisa