Re: modular docbook documents using xpointer

On Thu, Sep 26, 2002 at 10:29:13AM +0200, Jirka Kosek wrote:
> Bob Stayton wrote:
>
> > > Use #xpointer(//*[not(ancestor-or-self::chapterinfo)])
> > >
> > > What is nice on XPath is that you never know it enough ;-)
> >
> > Did this XPath actually work for you?
>
> I was writing it from top of my head, I though it will work as XPointer
> is superset of XPath. My xsltproc doesn't signal error, but for every
> node selected by this expression returns also its subtree resulting in
> messy output. It means that either XPointer semantic in context of
> XInclude is defferent than I though or that there is error in xsltproc.
> Maybe DV can put some light in this area.

  Because they select the top-level-included-items and what gets
produced in the result tree are all the subtrees under tose selected
nodes. No change in semantic at the XPointer level, just a misunderstanding
of the XInclude specification. Please read it :-)
   http://www.w3.org/TR/xinclude/#dt-top-level-included-items

Daniel