help with xsltproc

OK, I'm not sure if this is a DocBook or xsltproc problem....  So here goes, please redirect me as necessary.

I'm trying to use xsltproc (1.0.19) on windows to process a docbook file (that I can successfully parse with Saxon)

If I use xsltproc on a trivial file, non-docbook, with the following command line -- all is wonderful:

:: xsltproc --output test.html test.xsl test.xml

If I use xsltproc on my docbook file instead, using the following command line:

:: xsltproc --output test.html xsl/html/docbook.xsl mydocbookfile.xml

I get lots of cpu access, lots of memory used up, but no errors, no warnings, and ... no output.

If I try it without the "--output test.html" option, it uses a lot cpu, lot of memory, then dies with a windows "Program has caused an unexpected error and has been closed" error dialog.

Any hints would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
--
Michael Cortez
Managing Director, The Free Gaming Association