Re: PassiveTeX install problem

Hi Chris,

Sorry if I'm belaboring the obvious here, but did you run

      pdftex -ini "&pdflatex" pdfxmltex.ini

to build a pdfxmltex.fmt file? Did you run it in your TEXFORMATS directory?
My notes (admittedly not the most reliable resource) say I had to rerun

mktexlsr

*after* creating the .fmt file. On Red Hat 7.2 TEXFORMAT is
/usr/share/texmf/web2c, but in any case it should be the directory that
contains texmf.cnf and all the other .fmt files. If not, you might try
running kpsewhich to find it.

Dennis Grace

Information Developer
IBM Linux Technology Center
(512) 838-3937  T/L 678-3937  cell: (512)-296-7830
dgrace@us.ibm.com

What is this some kind of demonstrative pronoun?

|         |           Christoph        |
|         |           Sticksel         |
|         |           <Christoph.Sticks|
|         |           el@gmx.net>      |
|         |           04/24/02 06:23 AM|
  |                                                                                                              |
  |       To:       docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org                                                            |
  |       cc:                                                                                                    |
  |       Subject:  DOCBOOK-APPS: PassiveTeX install problem                                                     |
  |                                                                                                              |
  |                                                                                                              |

Hi,

I'm having problems installing, i.e. rather using my freshly installed
PassiveTex. I followed the instructions at
http://www.hcu.ox.ac.uk/TEI/Software/passivetex/

I removed the teTeX installation of my SuSE distibution, then installed the

recent texlive distribution. Then I downloaded and installed passivetex.zip

as well as the updated xmltex.tex as recommended.

I then ran mktexlsr and fmtutil to rebuild the filename database and format

files.

The problem is that I can't use xmltex in neither of the two ways
presented.
I copied teiu5.fo to my home directory and tried both. Each complains about

"No File: teiu5.cfg (/usr/share/tex/texmf/tex/latex/passivetex/fotex.xmt"
in
one of the top lines and then stops with an error:

> ! Undefined control sequence.
> l.29 \XMLstringX
>                 \prop@width<>proportional-column-width(1)</>

for "pdflatex "&pdfxmltex" teiu5.fo" and

> ! Package fontenc Error: Encoding file `t2aenc.def' not found.
> (fontenc)                You might have misspelt the name of the
encoding.

> See the fontenc package documentation for explanation.
> Type  H <return>  for immediate help.
>
> l.95 \ProcessOptions*
for "pdflatex teiu5.tex"

TIA,