minor updates to the development version of the XSL docs

"Michael H.E. Roth" <mher@mher.de> writes:

> On Thursday, 28. March 2002 03:40, Dave Pawson wrote:
>  At 13:19 27/03/2002 +0100, Michael H.E. Roth wrote:
> >
> > I'm curious how you came to be using XT rather than a more up to date
> > processor? What web (or other reference) took you to XT
> > rather than say, Saxon or Xalan?
> >
> > Regards DaveP
>
> Well, I downloaded the html-version from docbook.org and there they call xp
> the most popular sgml-parser in chapter 3 and in chapter 4 the examples are
> with XT and FOP. (the others are just mentioned)

For what it's worth, yesterday I made some minor updates to a portion
of the source for the "how to" part of the XSL stylesheet docs, adding
a specific admonition not to use XT, plus info about, and examples of,
Saxon and xsltproc (in place of the old XT info and examples).

I checked the changes into Sourceforge CVS (the file publishing.xml),
so they'll be included in the generated HTML documentation that ships
with the next XSL stylesheet release.

Note the the place to look for up-to-date documentation for the XSL
stylesheets is in the "doc" directory (the doc/index.html file is the
starting point) of the stylesheet distribution -- not in the version
of TDG at docbook.org. I don't think Norm necessarily updates that
with each stylesheet release.

You can browse the current development source for the "how to" part of
the XSL documentation at:

  http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/docbook/xsl/docsrc/

And if you have the cvs client, you can check out the source for that
to your local machine by doing this:

1. Log on anonymously to the Sourceforge CVS server:

    cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.docbook.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/docbook login

2. At the "CVS password:" prompt, just hit the Enter key.

3. Check out the xsl/docsrc tree:

    cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.docbook.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/docbook \
      co xsl/docsrc