Re: FYI - Slides online for a talk I gave on DocBook XML

On Thu, 21 Mar 2002, Dan York wrote:

> Anyway, back in November I gave a talk about DocBook XML to the XML
> Users Group of Ottawa (XUGO - http://www.xugo.org/ ) and finally got
> around to putting my slides up on the web last weekend. They are at:
>
>   http://www.lodestar2.com/people/dyork/talks/docbook/
>
> On the title page, there are links to the frames and non-frames
> version and, of course, the DocBook XML source file (using Norm's
> Slides doctype).
>
> Anyway, the preso is out there... help yourself.  If anyone finds
> any glaring errors or omissions, please do let me know, too, as I
> may do more like this in the future.

	In case anyone's gathering materials for their own presentation, I
thought I'd mention...

	I also gave a presentation about DocBook recently. It was to
UniForum Chicago in February. I gave the presentation using PowerPoint but
I later rewrote it using Norm Walsh's Slides DTD. I hacked the default XSL
stylesheets to make the output more "user-friendly".

	Anyway, yet another DocBook presentation is available at:
	http://uniforum.chi.il.us/slides/docbook/

-- Kevin Conder, kevin@kevindumpscore.com