Re: Manage project documents with docbook

I've used DocBook for the formatting of reports produced from our "ECO"
(Engineering Change Control) system.... which I would have thought is
similar to what you want..... i.e. data in a "database" (in your case
project related stuff, output in a form suitable for conversion to
readable/navigable documents).

However, if you wanted to do analysis on the XML/SGML documents (say,
how many projects depend on the "great big grinding machine" resource)
and don't have the data in some kind of other queryable database then
you may want to extend or create your own DTD.

However, I would expect that you have your project related data in a
database and simply want to generate some nice reports from it...

... "perl" is good for this sort of thing.