Re: Problems with passivetex / pdfxmltex

I am having these exact problems with TeX Live installed yesterday from
the referenced ISO.  I have the updated xmltex.tex from the PassiveTeX
website, and I am using the PassiveTeX version from the same site.  The
FO was generated by Xalan with PassiveTeX extensions enabled.  I get
identical results using Saxon 6.5.1.  I am using version 1.49 of the
DocBook XSL stylesheets.

If I use the PassiveTeX installation that comes with TeX Live, I get the
following errors instead:

! LaTeX Error: File `url.sty' not found.

I fill in the path and then get:

! LaTeX Error: File `ulem.sty' not found.

I fill in a path for that file, and then I get this one:

! Missing \endcsname inserted.
<to be read again>
                    \Odd:
l.2 ...="en"><fo:flow flow-name="xsl-region-body">
                                                   <fo:block><fo:block
font-f...

I'm probably asking for trouble by mixing and matching
xmltex/PassiveTeX/TeX Live versions this way, so what is the right way to
install all of these tools?

Right now, I am getting by with Jade+JadeTeX+DSSSL, but I would really
prefer to use the XSL stylesheets if possible.  Is there something I can
try or tweak with TeX Live to deal with this?

  -Patrick

--
Patrick L. Hartling                     | Research Assistant, VRAC
patrick@vrac.iastate.edu                | 2624 Howe Hall -- (515)294-4916