Re: Re: XSL implementation of DBTeXMath

At 02:32 PM 07/12/2001 +0100, Jirka Kosek wrote:
><snip>
>OK. But what is the defference between "E=mc square" and "E=mc^2" when
>synthetised by some reader tool? I have no personal experience with such
>tools, so may be I'm missing something. Using TeX equation in alt
>element means that this TeX version of equation will appear as
>alternative text on image.

Well, I'm writing from theory and usability principle only (my personal
issues are ear-related, not eye?) so I guess my questions would be:
* Is the TeX version of the equation -- assuming it can be processed by a
reader with no difficulty? (Y/N) -- the most accessible syntax to use?
* In other words, is the TeX version of any particular equation -- simple
to most complex -- going to be understandable by people who don't know or
want to learn TeX?

As I say, I don't honestly know what conventional text-only or alt usage is
for mathematical formulae.

I wonder what the MathML folks do in creating accessible mark-up? Wouldn't
it be useful to think about doing the same thing? Or something similar for
accessibility purposes?

              ...edN