Re: FO XSL - setting margins of titles?

> From: Dan York <dyork@e-smith.com>
>
> After spending a couple of hours tracing through the XSL FO stylesheets
> (1.45), I still cannot figure something out.
>
> How do I get the section headings to have the same indentation on the
> page as the body text?
>
> Right now, I have this in my customization layer:
>
>   <xsl:param name="page.margin.inner">1in</xsl:param>
>   <xsl:param name="page.margin.outer">1in</xsl:param>
>
> I generate FO from my DocBook XML file (structured as an <article> with
> various <sect1> and <sect2> tags) using xsltproc and then translate the
> FO to PDF using FOP 0.20.1.  This is what I get:
>
>   1. Title of section one
>
> <-1in-> Body text text text text text text text text text text
>         text text text text text text text text text text text
>         text text text text text text text text text text text
>
>   2. Title of section two
>
>         Body text text text text text text text text text text
>         text text text text text text text text text text text
>         text text text text text text text text text text text
>
> What I *want* is this:
>
>         1. Title of section one
>
> <-1in-> Body text text text text text text text text text text
>         text text text text text text text text text text text
>         text text text text text text text text text text text
>
>         2. Title of section two
>
>         Body text text text text text text text text text text
>         text text text text text text text text text text text
>         text text text text text text text text text text text
>
> I have been hunting all through various stylesheets in the fo
> subdirectory of the 1.45 distribution, and I just cannot figure
> this one out.  Has anyone solved this issue in the past?  (Or
> can anyone point me in the right direction?)

I can point you to fo/titlepage.templates.xml (note the
.xml suffix).  That file specifies how titles are
formatted, and the one for 'section' includes an
indent of -4pc (picas).

The idea is to edit a copy of titlepage.templates.xml
to change the settings for your customization.
Then you apply the special stylesheet template/titlepage.xsl
to generate a customized titlepage.templates.xsl as output.
Then your Docbook customization layer should use that
stylesheet module for titles.

bobs
                                            email: bobs@caldera.com