RE: Sun Resolver classes released

As noted recently, I've got the Sun resolver classes working, but not sure
it's set up optimally.
Is there some way to avoid hard coding full catalog pathnames in the
CatalogManager.properties file?
All the specs I've sifted through indicate a full pathname - sure enough,
that's the only thing that seems to work, as in Norm's example:

catalogs=/share/doctypes/catalog

I must be missing something, because that seems very anti-portability. I'd
prefer to use an environment variable or relative path, like one of the
following:

catalogs=$SHARE/doctypes/catalog
catalogs=%SHARE%/doctypes/catalog
catalogs=catalog