Re: Error: Output character not available

Yes, that may be true. Changing my XSL and source XML to iso-8859-1
encoding resolved all issues except for one. My source was using the
character entity → which evidently doesn't exist in iso-8859-1 and
caused the writing of the toc.hhc to exit with an error. Once I replaced
them with '->' all was well. Less elegant perhaps, but it works... (Don't
ask why the author put arrows in the titles, I didn't write it ;-)

Thanks people for the help. Now that I'm generating the HTML Help,
I can start to customize it for our application. I need to add
support for our extensions to the DocBook DTD as well as put in the
stuff needed to have our application open the chm file at the
relevant topic. I've done this before in Omnimark, so I just have
to figure out how to do all this in XSLT...

Suggestions and ideas are welcome. I'm writing a driver file for
Norm's stylesheets with a lot of help from Michael Kay's book.

Gershon