Re: Saxon 6.4.3 MalformedURLException error

> From: Gershon L Joseph <gershon@mainsoft.com>
>
> Thanks, that solves the problem. I forgot I had removed the file:// part
> of the URL for Omnimark. Now I get the following error:
>
> Error on line 7 of
> file:/C:\tools\docbook\docbook-xsl-1.45\htmlhelp\htmlhelp.xsl
> :
>   java.io.FileNotFoundException: \html\chunk.xsl
> Transformation failed: Failed to compile stylesheet. 1 error detected.
>
> The problem line reads:
> <xsl:import href="../html/chunk.xsl"/>

Hmm, I use references like this all the time with
Instant Saxon.  It is supposed to take the path
relative to the file containing the import statement.
Somehow it is losing its place.  Is your calling URI mixing
forward and backward slashes as the error message
indicates?  That may be why it is losing its directory context.
When I use Instant Saxon I always feed it URIs with
forward slashes only, and relative URIs work.

> So I tried changing it to:
> <xsl:import href="file://../html/chunk.xsl"/>
>
> which then generates the following error:
>
> Error on line 7 of
> file:/C:\tools\docbook\docbook-xsl-1.45\htmlhelp\htmlhelp.xsl
> :
>   java.net.UnknownHostException: ..
> Transformation failed: Failed to compile stylesheet. 1 error detected.
>
> Saxon thinks ".." is a hostname !

Well, the use of 'file:' implies an aboslute URI,
not a relative one. Once you resort to
'file:' you must use a full pathname.

> Is there a way to tell Saxon in which directories to look for imported
> files? I know Jade has an option (-D I think) for this.

No, the import process doesn't have a catalog
mechanims that I know of.  It works only with
absolute and relative URIs.

bobs
                                            email: bobs@caldera.com