Re: epcEdit

On Wed, Oct 17, 2001 at 10:09:29AM +0900, Michael Smith wrote:
> Dislikes:
>
>   * non-Free software

For those who want a free-software gui, we're looking for help on the
ThotBook project (https://savannah.gnu.org/projects/thotbook/) -
nothing to test right now, though.

> Likes:
>   * cross-platform (Linux, Solaris, Windows)

Should be possible, it will be based on Thot, which also works on
Windows, as shown by the Amaya HTML editor.

>   * WYSIWYG editing of CALS/OASIS Exchange Table Model and HTML tables

Yes.

>   * control over character formatting during on-screen editing (but
>     using a non-standard stylesheet language -- not CSS)

Same, but CSS is planned for the future.

>   * works with full SGML as well as XML
>   * support for SGML Open/OASIS catalog files

Planned

>   * can display railroad diagrams for any element in a DTD
>       http://www.logopoeia.com/xml/images/railroad.png
>   * automatic population of browsable lists of valid ID values for
>     attributes whose type is IDREF (like DocBook's linkend and
>     endterm attributes)
>       http://www.logopoeia.com/images/idrefBrowseEpcEdit.png
>   * support for drag-and-drop of text and elements
>   * Unicode support

Nice ideas, worth implementing, but we'd like to focus on more
essential stuff to get to a first working version ASAP.

--
Yann Dirson <Yann.Dirson@fr.alcove.com>                 http://www.alcove.com/
Free-Software Engineer				      Ingénieur Logiciel-Libre