Re: Docbook XML - including files

On Wed, Aug 01, 2001 at 01:22:56PM -0700, Bob Stayton wrote:
> This issue of a single DOCTYPE comes up again when you try
> to edit the modular files (the system entities). I would
> prefer to use a validating editor that loads the DTD when
> editing a modular file.  But I can't hsve a DOCTYPE
> declaration in the modular file to identify the DTD.
> If I add it, then the parse of the main document
> fails when the modular file is read as a system entity.

What you could do is using the "concatenate" feature of the validator
(again, here the example uses SGML - I hope it works for XML)

$ cat VALIDATE.section
<!doctype section PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook V4.1//EN">
$ nsgmls -s VALIDATE.section mymodule.sgml

--
Yann Dirson <Yann.Dirson@fr.alcove.com>                 http://www.alcove.com/
Free-Software Engineer				      Ingénieur Logiciel-Libre