Re: HTML Help chunking

"Bradford, Denis" wrote:

> Any way to control the granularity of chunking in the htmlhelp stylesheet?
> It generates separate html files not only at the chapter level (where our
> topics live) but also at the section level. I believe we want the topic html
> files to contain the sections.

Call the XSL chunking stylesheet with parameter chunk.sections=0.

> P.S. We're currently using Epic's htmlhelp.dsl. When we can get Xalan to
> work properly with htmlhelp.dsl, we'll switch to that so we don't have to
> learn DSSSL!

Xalan currently does not work well with htmlhelp.xsl (you mean .xsl not
.dsl, isn't it) as it is unable to generate several files with text
output method. It only supports HTML output method but it can not be
used to generate control files for HTML Help Compilers as it does not
accept well-formed HTML, only little mangled one. You can have luck with
XT or Saxon.

And note that above information is related to HTML Help XSL stylesheet
available at docbook.sf.net. In the last version of Epic which I had in
my hands (4.1) there were also XSL HTML Help stylesheet but this is
different one provided by ArborText.

  Jirka Kosek
  e-mail: jirka@kosek.cz
  http://www.kosek.cz