condition attribute + XSL + generated toc

Hello everyone,

I need that the HTML output of a DocBook XML document (which is a FAQ)
does not contain any part related to elements marked with the
attribute condition="long".

So I'm using a customized XSL stylesheet containing those instructions:
<xsl:template match="*">
<xsl:if test="@condition!='long' or not(@condition)">
<xsl:apply-imports/>
</xsl:if>
</xsl:template>

This works fine for the content of the generated document, BUT
unfortunately the table of contents does still show the non-present
elements.
I've checked qandaset.xsl from docbook-xsl distribution with no clue and
moreover my understanding of XSL tells me that the toc generation should
be affected as well by my customization.

Could anyone tell me how I should proceed to get rid of the non-existent
entries in the toc ?

My customized stylesheet:
http://ma.darche.free.fr/AFUL/custom_html.xsl
http://ma.darche.free.fr/AFUL/FAQConstructeurs.fr.xml
http://ma.darche.free.fr/AFUL/Makefile with target html-xsl
http://ma.darche.free.fr/AFUL/generated-html/FAQConstructeurs.fr.html

I'm using :
* DocBook XML 4.1.2
* Xalan Java 2_1_0 (also tried with version 2_2_D6)
* docbook-xsl-1.40
* on a Debian GNU/Linux Potato

Regards,

--