Re: Rendering characters in inverse video

>I want to render one character, the chapter number, in inverse video on the

I have a more general question: Is it possible to add new character sets in addition to the iso-ents? I am using Docbook 4.1 SGML + jade + jadetex + dsssl + NW stylesheet 1.60 under Redhat 6.1. I can see where the ISO characters are defined, with lines like:

<!ENTITY OHgr   SDATA "[OHgr  ]"--=capital Omega, Greek-->

but how does get turned into actual character shapes by an HTML browser or TeX? In short, how would you rate the task of adding a custom character set for HTML and TeX output?

a) trivially easy
b) do-able by any persistant mortal
c) what, are you crazy?

As a backup plan, I know how to use external graphics using <IMAGEDATA>, but this is not automatically scaled to the current font size. Is it possible (read, EASY) to write a dsssl customization which would scale an external graphic to the current font size?

--
Kevin M. Dunn
Professor of Chemistry