unwanted extra blank pages for title pages only

All --

I'm using DocBook 4.1 (SGML) / DSSSL 1.62 / OpenJade 1.3 / JadeTex 3.3.

What I'd like to have in print versions is:
- title page (page 1)
- copyright page (page 2)
- table of contents (page 3)
- start of first part (page 5 or some other odd page)
- start of first chapter (page 7 or some other odd page)

In looking at the DSSSL stylesheets, specifically, print/dbttlpg.dsl,
it looks like the stylesheet is doing this.  My DSSSL knowledge and
ability are still very basic.

However, when I process with Jade/OpenJade and JadeTex, I get
- title page (page 1)
- blank page
- copyright page (page 3)
- blank page
- table of contents (page 5)
- start of first part (page 7 or some other odd page)
- start of first chapter (page 9 or some other odd page)

When I change \cleardoublepage to \clearpage in jadetex.dtx, I get:
- title page (page 1)
- copyright page (page 2)
- table of contents (page 3)
- start of first part (page 4 or next available page)
- start of first chapter (page 5 or next available page)

My questions are:
- Is the stylsheet doing what I think it is?  That is, no blank page
  after title or copyright, force other page sequences to start on odd
  pages.

- If the stylesheet is doing what I think it is, any guesses on whether
  the problem is with Jade?  Or JadeTex?

- If the stylesheets is not doing what I think it is, would it make
  sense to modify the stylesheet to do what I want rather than modifying
  Jade or JadeTex?

Thanks very much,
Debbie
--
Deborah Greenberg Lidl                       Toll free: 1.888.849.BSDi
dgl@bsdi.com                    BSDi             Phone: 1.301.765.7945