Re: Unexpected HTML output using customization of HTMLDocBook styles heet

>  I would instead
> go for a CSS stylesheet for the HTML <TD>
> element rather than the <FONT> tag.

I agree with Bob, and I would also suggest that you ditch
the "colname" attributes on the <entry>s.

Here's what the tdg has to say about the colname attribute:

- Entrys cannot be given out of order, the column referenced must
- be to the right of the last Entry or EntryTbl placed in the current row.

I don't really understand what this attribute is for, but your table renders fine without them.

I used the customization layer below, which calls xtchunk.xsl (I'm using xt) and defines a css stylesheet named style.css. Just call chunk.xsl if not using xt.

In style.css, put a line like this:

  div.table td  { font-family: "Futura Book"; font-size: 80%; }

(but don't expect to see the effect on Netscape 4.x on Linux.)

------------------
<?xml version='1.0'?>
                                         version='1.0'>

  <xsl:import href="/usr/lib/sgml/stylesheet/xsl/docbook/nwalsh/html/xtchunk.xsl"/>

  <xsl:param name="html.stylesheet" select="'style.css'"/>

</xsl:stylesheet>
-------------------

Hope that helps,
Mark