Re: Re: Getting Rid of Character Entities in DocBook XMLDocs

Hi!

On Tue, 15 Aug 2000, Karl Eichwalder wrote:

> Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> writes:
>
> > / Holger Rauch <Holger.Rauch@heitec.de> was heard to say:
> > | Do I have to insert a <!DOCTPYE ...> declaration manually in such a
> > | case?
>
> Of course.  Think about it -- how should (o)sx know the declaration you
> want to use? :)

AFAIK, the current DocBook XML distribution is also available on the
web. So, a possible alternative would be to use the URL as the SYSTEM
identifier, provided that the distribution is available as single
files. This could be hard-coded into (o)sx as a default (or overridden by
a command line switch).
For instance:

<!DOCTYPE book SYSTEM
"http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.1/docbookx.dtd" []>

I'm not really sure whether this will work, but if it does, it's
independent of the platform. What do you think about it?

> You don't have to insert the
> declaration "manually" -- just write a Makefile which will do it for
> you.

Thanks for your hints!

Greetings,

	Holger