StarOffice 6.0

StarOffice 6.0 will go open source on october 13.
http://www.openoffice.org/

I'm intersted if anyone is going to track its
development in their mailing list. I would ask
that person to lobby support for docbook out
of the box int he product. At least for authoring.

They are going to have some net-yet-defined XML
file format for document representation. And it
could be useful if docbook can be produced from
that file and this format produced from docbook
from stylesheets. Native docbook support or
generic XML authoring would be the best, but I doubt
that it would be possible implement in the specified
timeframe.

I will not have time to track this issue myself.

Constantine