Re: Changing the font size on lists

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> writes:

> / Jorge Godoy <godoy@conectiva.com> was heard to say:
> | font-size: (BULLTREAT BULLSIZE ilevel override mark)
> |
> | What's "bulltreat", "bullsize", etc? And what is happening with these
> | 5 statements?
>
> BULLTREAT is a function, BULLSIZE is a function that calculates the
> appropriate font size for the mark printed at this indent level.

I see... Thanks.

> Did you want to change the size of the font for the whole list, or
> just for the bullet?

I haven't noticed that the above names were related to bullets (now I
see it). I want to change to font for the text within the list. If
there's no mean to make it separate from the bullet, that's ok.

The problem is that with my actual stylesheets (1.54) the font within
a list is smaller than the text font.

> | Another thing I want to do is to define that the summary pages use
> | roman numbers and the rest of the text arabian numbers (starting from
> | 1 again)... I'm looking for it, but I haven't tried anything
> | yet... The fontsize is my main problem now.
>
> If you put the sections in different simple-page-sequences, you can
> change the format and numbering.

And how can I do that? Is there anything for it on your stylesheets? I
had no time to study DSSSL and I confess I can't do much things with
them... :-(

The ideal thing would be having the possibility to change numbering
type on: preface, indexes (summary, index, lot, lof, ..), parts,
chapters. This way one could have a no numbered preface (or with roman
numbers, starting from I), roman numbered indexes (starting from I for
the summary and starting with the page number that would be printed on
index --- lets say CCCIII for 303), no numbered part title, arabic
numered chapters, articles, sections, etc.

Is there any way to make this standard in your stylesheets (sorry!)
and keeping the current behaviour as standard?

Thanks!
--
Godoy. <godoy@conectiva.com>

Departamento de Publicações       Conectiva S.A.
Publishing Department             Conectiva Inc.