Formatting Authors etc.

Using the DSSSL style-sheets (1.54), I find that the formatting of
<authorgroup> information is highly unpredictable, and often bad, on
both the print and html style-sheets.

For examples:

If I specify an <editor>, and several <othercredit>s, I have
to use only the <firstname> tag for all the <othercredit>s, as otherwise
<editor> name appears all on one line anyway.
Multiple editors and nothing else formats well, though.

If I specify an <author> and one <othercredit>, the print style-sheet
formats this as:

and (author-name)and (othercredit-name)

which is most horrible to read (leading and, no space before second
and). The html style-sheet doesn't format this at all (probably because
it is only <chapterinfo> within a book ?).

Two <author>s appears to format OK, but if I add a <copyright> notice for
both authors (two <holder> statements), I have to prefix
(initial-blank)and(blank) to the contents of the second <holder>
tag. And on the html style-sheet, the Copyright information is tagged
on to the author information, with neither a space nor a line break,
looking most ugly (the print style-sheet throws in a line break, so
that's OK).
--
Colin Paul Adams
Preston Lancashire