Re: fmt-file for pdftex/pdflatex/jadetex:how?

Inge Juvkam writes:

 > I would like to have appropriate hyphen-patterns (for my norwegian
 >documents..) As far as my knowledge goes i can generate this with
 >initex (latex) but it seems the output from jade (and the dbtools,
 >obviously) is not affected by the latex.fmt.., which seems reasonable
 >enough.. but?

its affected by whatever format (typically pdflatex or hugelatex) you
used to build pdfjadetex.fmt or jadetex.fmt

 > can anyone help me, please?

edit language.dat to allow for Norwegian; edit jadetex.ltx to change the line
   \RequirePackage[portuguese,brazil,spanish,german,frenchb,english]{babel}
to include "norwegian", and remake all your format files

sebastian