Re: Can a DocBook Wizard Spare A Few Minutes?

/ papowell@astart.com was heard to say:
| I will summarize them,  and perhaps this might actually get put into
| the DocProj Primer (hint hint) someday.

Yeah, yeah. I know. With an infinite amount of time...<sigh/>

| 1.  Deeper TOC Listings for HTML Output
|
|     Right now the TOC only does two levels of listing.  I would
|     like to increase the depth.  How do I do this?

In XSL,

<xsl:variable name="toc.section.depth">4</xsl:variable>

In DSSSL,

;; Returns the depth of auto TOC that should be made at the nd-level
(define (toc-depth nd)
  (if (string=? (gi nd) (normalize "book"))
      3
      3))

|     NOW                     WANT
|
|     main                    main
|      main.1                  main.1
|       main.1.1                main.1.1
|        main.1.1.1              main.1.1.1
|        main.1.1.2              main.1.1.2
|      main.2                   main.2
|       main.2.1                 main.2.1

Those two lists are actually the same, aren't they? :-)

See http://nwalsh.com/docbook/dsssl/doc/indexing.html

| 3.  How Do I Produce an Glossary?  I would like to do this
|     for both HTML and PS output,  but I would be happy
|     with just PS output.
|     a) the markup notation in the body
|     b) the jade + tex + tools to use

Just use Glossary markup. Or do I not understand the question?

| 4.  The current tex output numbers pages,  but does not do it
|     correctly.
|                              Now          Should Be
|     Title Page                                        (Correct - no number)
|     Dedication               2               i
|     Preface...               3-...           ii-...
|
|     Part1                    n               1
|
|     I KNOW just KNOW that there is a way to do this,  and I am going to
|     probably hit myself with a dope slap when somebody tells me.

This is actually a little bit tricky. You really want to restart
numbering in each part?

| 5.  I have tried to put images into the HTML and TeX / PS format.
|     Other people have done it.
|     a) What is the magic markup I need

<mediaobject>
<imageobject>
<imagedata fileref="somegraphic.eps"/>
</imageobject>
<imageobject>
<imagedata fileref="somegraphic.jpg"/>
</imageobject>
</mediaobject>

|     b) How do I convince the tex stuff to FIND the file containing the
|        graphic?  I keep thinking that I did this a LOooonnng time ago,
|        with a graphic tool,  but this was using latex and some macros,
|        and it is long gone from my memory and archives.

It should look where you specify in fileref, but I'll let a JadeTeX
wizard tackle this one...

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--