Must %section-autolabel% start at 1?

I'm writing an 'article' with DocBook3.1 and have %generate-article-toc% and
%section-autolabel% defined true in my stylesheet driver file. Is it
possible to start the section numbering at something other than 1 ?

(I'm pretty sure I saw this done somewhere but I'll be jiggered if I can
remember where; a thousand pardons if this is a FAQ!)

--
Bob Bernstein                | Kin, n.:  An affliction of the
at                           | blood