Re: autoconf: ./configure fails on cygwin for crosstool-ng-1.24.0

Hi Allan,

thank you for your suggestion.
Unfortunately, this leads to the same result and error message.

Based on your suggestion, I installed other shells:
zsh 5.5.1-1
  $ /bin/zsh ./configure
  ./configure: This script requires a shell more modern than all
  ./configure: the shells that I found on your system.
  ./configure: In particular, zsh 5.5.1 has bugs and should
  ./configure: be upgraded to zsh 4.3.4 or later.

zsh 5.1.1-1
  $ /bin/zsh ./configure
  ./configure: This script requires a shell more modern than all
  ./configure: the shells that I found on your system.
  ./configure: In particular, zsh 5.1.1 has bugs and should
  ./configure: be upgraded to zsh 4.3.4 or later.

dash 0.5.9.1-1
  $ /bin/dash ./configure
  ./configure: This script requires a shell more modern than all
  ./configure: the shells that I found on your system.
  ./configure: Please tell bug-autoconf@gnu.org and
  ./configure: crossgcc@sourceware.org about your system, including
  ./configure: any error possibly output before this message. Then
  ./configure: install a modern shell, or manually run the script
  ./configure: under such a shell if you do have one.

I don't want to build zsh 4.3.4. from source unless I have really no
other option.
I'm not convinced this would work though as it fails with a newer version.
What shell would be suited best for autoconf?

Best regards,
Philipp